This guide will show you how you add the Penneo printer as a device on you computer. To do this you need to make sure you have version 2.1.0 or newer of the Penne desktop application. To find the newest version of the desktop application click here.
- After installing the application start the program and click on "Application" and "Preferences" in the top menu.
- Activate the printer by selecting "Enable printer".
- Navigate to "Printers and Scanners"
- Click ""Add a printer or scanner". After a few seconds you can click "The printer that I want isn't listed".
- Select "Select a shared printer by name" and type "http://localhost:3000" (The number is the port you selected in step 2, that in our scenario is 3000). Click next
- Under "Manufacturer" find Penneo and select it. Select the newest "Penneo PostScript Printer" and click "OK".
- In the next window click "Next", and the "Finish" You are now done and the printer is ready for use.
- If you get an error when trying to find the printer make sure the desktop application is open.
- On Windows you might need to enable "Internet Protocol Printing". Navigate to "Control Panel" and select "Programs and Features". In the menu to the left click on "Turn Windows features on or off". Let the window load and find "Print and Documents Services". Make sure it is selected and "Internet Printing Client" is selected.