Version 2.2.6 (Released 25-09-18)
Our newest version of the Penneo desktop application for use. You can find download links further down in the article.
Why should you use the desktop application?
Whit the desktop application you do not need to log in to the Penneo archive, since you have a program installed on you computer that you can run from your desktop. You can read more about how to send out documents with the desktop app here.
Differences between the platforms:
There are a few differences between the Windows and Mac OSX and Linux version of the application.
- Windows: With the Windows version the printer is downloaded and installed separately. You can find the printer here.
- Mac OSX and Linux: If you are using the MAC OSX or Linux version the printer is build in to the application. You just need to enable the printer first. You can see here how that is done.
How to install Penneo Desktop:
- Download the installation file from the link bellow.
- Run the installation file.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
You can find the downlaod links here:
Version 2.2.6 (25. September 2018)
Compatibility is deactivated as standard and is only for those that experience issues when printing documents to the application in Windows.
This is how you enable compatibility mode manually:
- In the Penneo desktop application click on "Application" in the menu at the top and select "Preferences" (CTRL+P)
- Click on the "Compatibility" tab
- Click on "Enable Printing Folder"
Administrators can install the application with "Compatibility mode" enabled. Run the MSI file with msiexec tool using the command CombatibilityMode=True. Below example will install the application silently with combatibility mode enabled:
- msiexec /i Penneo-Desktop.msi /qn CompatibilityMode=True
- We also have some other products you can try